Our team of nationally certified speech language pathologists (SLPs) are experts in improving communication and language skills. CI’s SLPs have a passion for making therapy fun, functional, and goal-orientated! You might find our SLPs building a train track to target articulation skills or constructing an obstacle course to build language. Whether your child loves pirates, plants, or pizza, we are dedicated to infusing interests into each and every therapy session.
We look forward to meeting with you for an initial evaluation to get to know your child, identify their strengths and growth areas, discuss your family’s functional goal areas, complete standardized assessments, and determine the most appropriate frequency for services.
What is Speech Language Therapy?
Our SLPs provide evaluation, consultation, and intervention in the following areas:
- Articulation/speech sound production
- Auditory/language processing
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC)
- Childhood apraxia of speech
- Executive functioning
- Expressive language
- Feeding concerns
- Late language emergence
- Oral motor development
- Phonological awareness and literacy
- Receptive language
- Selective mutism
- Social communication
- Specific language impairment
Depending on the child’s needs, our therapists may use a variety of treatment methods within their therapy sessions. Specialized treatments include:
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing (DTTC)
- Hanen It Takes Two to Talk
- Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP)
- Pragmatic Organisation Dynamic Display (PODD)
- Social Thinking Curriculum